Glenn Beck’s Non-violence Pledge Has Few Congressional Signers–Videos
I challenge all Americans, left or right, regardless if you’re a politician, pundit, painter, priest, parishioner, poet or porn star to agree with all of the following.
- I denounce violence, regardless of ideological motivation.
- I denounce anyone, from the Left, the Right or middle, who believes physical violence is the answer to whatever they feel is wrong with our country.
- I denounce those who wish to tear down our system and rebuild it in their own image, whatever that image may be.
- I denounce those from the Left, the Right or middle, who call for riots and violence as an opportunity to bring down and reconstruct our system.
- I denounce violent threats and calls for the destruction of our system — regardless of their underlying ideology — whether they come from the Hutaree Militia or Frances Fox Piven.
- I hold those responsible for the violence, responsible for the violence. I denounce those who attempt to blame political opponents for the acts of madmen.
- I denounce those from the Left, the Right or middle that sees violence as a viable alternative to our long established system of change made within the constraints of our constitutional Republic.
I will stand with anyone willing to sign that pledge. Today I make a personal choice. I urge leaders of both sides and all walks of life to join me as all Americans joined hands on 9.12.2001.
Background Artilces and Videos
Glenn Beck Is Now Asking Congress To Sign His Non-Violence Letter
“…On Monday Glenn Beck issued a challenge to “all Americans, left or right, regardless if you’re a politician, pundit, painter, priest, parishioner, poet or porn star to agree with all of the following.”
And now he is apparently sending this letter out to Congress. Which, admittedly is a brilliant move because it gives him the ability to namecheck (or chalkboard check) everyone who doesn’t sign it every time it suits him.
Politico reports they obtained an email sent to Congressional offices from a Fox producer, Virginia Grace.
From: Grace, Virginia
Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2011 9:45 PM
Subject: [LIKELY_SPAM]Glenn Beck// Fox News Request for Rep. ….
Following the tragedies in Arizona, Glenn Beck has put out a challenge to all Americans to denounce violence (please see below). He would like to invite all members of Congress to participate in this challenge. He would like to publicize the list of participating members tomorrow on our show as a message of unity. I am hoping assemble a list of members wishing to participate tomorrow by 3 PM EST (our show airs live at 5 PM EST). Please let me know if you are interested. Should you have any questions, my direct line is
Thanks so much,
‘Glenn Beck’: Six Principles of Nonviolence
Glenn Beck’s Anti-Violence Pledge: A Transparent Trap For Democrats
January 11, 2011 4:53 pm ET by Matt Gertz
Note how “those who wish to tear down the system and rebuild it in their own image” are just as bad as those who “call for riots and violence to bring down and reconstruct our system” and those who make “violent threats.” Who has Beck accused of trying “to tear down the system and rebuild it in their own image”? Basically every Democratic member of Congress along with the President of the United States.
You see, according to Beck, Democrats, led by President Obama, have spent the last two years embarking on a mission of “fundamental transformation” of the United States. Pivoting off Obama’s statement during the presidential campaign that “we are five days away from fundamentally transforming the United States of America,” Beck has claimed that “fundamental transformation” means “collapsing the system as we know it and rebooting it as a progressive utopia.” [Fox News, Glenn Beck, 1/5/10, via Nexis] Beck has said this purported effort must be stopped in order to “save the republic.” [Fox News, Glenn Beck, 7/31/09, via Nexis]
In March, right before every single Democratic senator and the vast majority of Democratic members of Congress passed historic health care reform, Beck declared, “If this passes, the fundamental transformation of America is complete.”
I can’t imagine why anyone would accuse Beck of “playing politics.” …”
Related Posts On Pronk Palisades
Big Lie Democrats–Round Up The Usual Suspects–Tea Parties, Sarah Palin, Talk Radio, Rush Limbaugh, The Right And American People For Murders In Tuscon, Arizona–The Killer Was Mentally Ill–Crazy and Unbalanced–Just Like The Democratic Party And Their Budgets!