Roy Masters Sean Hannity “Hypnotic States Of Americans”
Roy Masters Strikes At The Root Core Of All Suffering
Roy Masters Adviceline – 9th May 2013 – Programs K7332 K7333
Bully And Appeaser – In The Same Hell – Sunday Conversations With Roy Masters
Roy Masters – Take Your Kids Out Of Public School!
Roy Masters – Your Part In Your Own Enslavement
How to Quit Smoking Effortlessly
A Prophetic Warning To America – Traitors Amongst Us
Marriage: Where Paradise is Lost Again – Sunday Conversations With Roy Masters
EdmondUTV5 – Roy Masters-The Path to Paradise Lost
Overcoming Self Doubt by Roy Masters
Men: Stupefied, But Not Stupid – Sunday Conversations With Roy Masters (Full Lecture)
Suffering With Grace – Sunday Conversations With Roy Masters
How I Survived – Sunday Conversations With Roy Masters
Vintage Radio Roy – Adviceline March 21st 1971
Roy Masters: How To Become Wise
Roy Masters: Being Upset
Roy Masters: “Watch Your Resentment”
Roy Masters: Patience
Roy Masters: Be Still and Know
Roy Masters: Distractions
Roy Masters: Quit Smoking
Roy Masters: Money
Roy Masters: Faith and Success
Roy Masters: Sex and the Illusion of Love
Roy Masters: No Free Moral Choice
Roy Masters: The Motive for Hypocrisy
Roy Masters: Giving and Getting Taken
Roy Masters: Playing God
Roy Masters: “It is all very simple.”
Roy Masters: Elvis Presley Analogy
Roy Masters: Who Has Control?
Roy Masters: Are you a good person?
Roy Masters: Love/Hate Relationship
Roy Masters: How to Deal With Women
Roy Masters doesn’t give a tittely toot about stupid feminists.
Roy Masters: Your Wife Will Test You
Roy Masters: Standing Up To Your Wife
Roy Masters: Being a Real Husband
Roy Masters: Discerning Is Righteous Judgement
Roy Masters: Lip Service To God
Roy Masters: The Right Woman
Roy Masters: The Demon of Doubt
Roy Masters: Little Einstein
Roy Masters – Jesus
Roy Masters – Not giving a damn
Roy Masters – Calm
Roy Masters: Hypnotizing People
Roy Masters: Hypnotizing People
Roy Masters: What Psychologists Don’t Understand
Roy Masters: Becoming Perfect
Legislation By Emotion
Roy Masters: Roy To Earth
Your Part In Your Own Enslavement
The Hypnotic States Of America
You Have Lost Your Country
Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac & The Stealing Of The Election
Obama, Government Duplicity and The Influence Of Rev Wright
Defamation And The Takeover Of America
ACORN Are Thugs
Take Your Kids out Of Public School !!
Background Articles and Videos
Roy Masters (commentator)
Masters orating at Selma, Oregon in May 2014
|Birth name||Reuben Obermeister|
|Born||2 April 1928
London, United Kingdom
|Show||Advice Line with Roy Masters|
|Station(s)||Broadcast on 190 radio stations|
|Time slot||9–12 midnight PT Monday-Friday|
Roy Masters (born 2 April 1928) is host of Advice Line, a talk radio show he started in 1961 and still hosts today. He is a prolific author and creator of a mindfulness meditation exercise, now used in the U.S. military. Masters is founder of the Oregon-based non-profit organization, the Foundation of Human Understanding. In his early twenties, he travelled across America lecturing as an expert diamond cutter.
Early life and education
Roy Masters was born in London in 1928 to a family of diamond cutters. His grandfather was a diamond cutter, as were several of his uncles. Masters’ father died when he was 15, and he was sent to Brighton, Englandto apprenticeship in diamond cutting in his uncle’s company, Monnickendam, Ltd. His family could only afford education for his older brother, so Masters could not attend college.
Following his apprenticeship in diamond cutting, Masters travelled to many places to pursue his trade, including Amsterdam; Brussels; Belgium; South Africa, where he spent two years in 1947; and later, America. All of this followed Masters’ military service duringWorld War II, serving in the Royal Sussex Regiment of the British Army. During his time in Brighton, Masters saw a vaudeville stage hypnosis presentation where the hypnotist easily induced volunteer subjects to do strange and outlandish things. Masters distinctly remembers pondering the question: “Why can’t hypnotism be used to make people act sensibly, rather than foolishly?”
In 1949, Masters emigrated to the United States where he made a name for himself travelling throughout the country lecturing on diamond cutting under the auspices of the Diamond Council of America. He was often invited to participate in radio and TV interviews on the subject, and he hosted a daily radio show called, “Story of Your Diamond”. Within a short time, Masters had visited 40 of the 48 states. He met and married his wife, Ann, in Birmingham, Alabama, and they eventually moved to Houston, Texas where they started a family.
In the 1950s, excitement around Bridey Murphy drove friends to consult with Masters about hypnosis. Masters understood hypnosis to be a “duplication of life’s errors” and immediately realized no good can ever come from hypnotherapy. Masters sold his diamond cutting business and founded the Institute of Hypnosis where, unbeknownst to his clients, instead of hypnotizing them he “unhypnotized them”. Masters saw as many as thirty people a day for consultation. About his leaving the diamond cutting profession, Masters said, “I had my own business, but I left that lucrative work because I had a calling for this kind of work. I’m more interested in what I’m doing now than anything else.”
In Houston, Masters was once charged with practicing medicine without a license, which was to be a test case to determine the legality of non-medical practice of hypnosis. His short time spent in jail received notoriety because of his counseling of fellow inmates.Masters immediately returned to work and continued on for two years, during which time he produced the mindfulness meditation record, How Your Mind Can Keep You Well. His meditation exercise has long been used by professional counselors. On why it is effective, Masters said, “it enables you to become objective, a little bit separate and disentangled from all your troublesome thoughts, emotions, heartaches, fears and traumatic memories – and that, all by itself, is extremely helpful, and actually healing.”
Masters bought a house trailer and relocated his family to Los Angeles where he founded the Foundation of Human Understanding in 1961. That same year, Masters began America’s first talk radio show; the show’s theme was about overcoming stress “spiritually, psychologically [and] emotionally”. Masters continues to host the show, called Advice Line, which has been on the air continuously since its start.
Never one to mince words, Roy Masters is a man who says what he feels no matter what the cost. Perhaps that’s why his program remains, in his opinion, unsponsorable. As a youngster growing up in England, his almost painful honesty, his perception, and his relentless questioning of the adult world’s sham standards cast a chilling silence to many a family gathering. Outspoken and guileless, he was called tactless by his elders and it was hoped he would outgrow this annoying trait. He never did.
— William Wolff, Healers, Gurus, and Spiritual Guides, Sherbourne Press
Currently, Masters’ radio show is nationally syndicated and available for streaming online. His mindfulness meditation record has been transposed over mediums and is now used to treat stress in the U.S. military.
- 1964 The Secrets of Life and Death. :Devorss, 1964. ASIN B0007EPZIQ
- 1965 How To Be At Peace With Your Problems. Oregon: Foundation of Human Understanding, 1965. ASIN B0007I59TM
- 1970 Sex, Sin & Solution. Oregon: Foundation of Human Understanding, 1970. ASIN B0006CYIFU
- 1970 (Roy Masters Speaks On) Breaking Free of Psycho-therapy. Oregon: Foundation of Human Understanding, 1970. ASIN B0006C2IRA
- 1972 The Secret of Life. Oregon: Foundation of Human Understanding, 1972 ASIN B0006XQGMW and as Secret of Life. (pbk) 1977. [ASIN: B000KVIIQM]
- 1973 Your Mind Can Keep You Well, Fawcett Publications, 1973. (Mass Market paperback: ASIN B000B58D4O) (Essandess Special Edition, 1968. ASIN B0007F6DEK)
- 1974 (Roy Masters Speaks On) Understanding Meditation. Oregon: Foundation of Human Understanding, 1974, ASIN B000710BE2
- 1975 How to Control Your Emotions. Oregon: Foundation of Human Understanding, 1975. ASIN B0006CJDUA
- 1975 How to Conquer Negative Emotions (with Mel Tappan). Oregon: Foundation of Human Understanding, June 1, 1975. ISBN 978-0-933900-01-1
- 1976 How to Conquer Suffering Without Doctors. Oregon: Foundation of Human Understanding, June 1976. ISBN 978-0-933900-04-2
- 1977 Sex, Sin & Salvation. Oregon: Foundation of Human Understanding, 1977. ASIN B0006XSUVQ
- 1977 No One Has to Die! Oregon: Foundation of Human Understanding, 1977. ASIN B0006COJWM
- 1978 How Your Mind Can Keep You Well Oregon: Foundation of Human Understanding, June 1, 1978. ISBN 978-0-933900-09-7 (Fawcett Crest Book, 1973, ASIN B000MFHWYA)
- 1979 The Satan Principle: Life Itself Is Hypnosis: Self-Defense Lessons to Help You Cope With Everyday Pressure. Oregon: Foundation of Human Understanding, June 1979. ISBN 978-0-933900-02-8 (Earlier version: Life Itself Is Hypnosis: The Satan Principle: Self-Defense Lessons to Help You Cope With Everyday Pressure, Foundation Books, 1978. ASIN B000NDXFO)
- 1982 How to Survive Your Parents: And Not Do to Your Children What Your Parents Did to You. Oregon: Foundation of Human Understanding, June 1, 1982. (pbk) ISBN 978-0-933900-10-3
- 1987 Eat No Evil (with Dorothy Baker). Oregon: Foundation of Human Understanding, June 1987. (pbk) ISBN 978-0-933900-12-7
- 1988 Understanding Sexuality: The Mystery of Our Lost Identities (with Dorothy Baker). Oregon: Foundation of Human Understanding, rev. ed., Feb. 1988. ISBN 978-0-933900-13-4
- 1988 Beyond the Known (with Dorothy Baker). Oregon: Foundation of Human Understanding, Rev. Ed., June 1, 1988. ISBN 978-0-933900-03-5
- 1988 The Hypnosis of Life: Self-Defense Lessons to Help You Cope with Every Day Pressure. Oregon: Foundation of Human Understanding, June 1988. ISBN 978-0-933900-05-9
- 1988 The Secret Power of Words: Why Words Affect You So Deeply. Oregon: Foundation of Human Understanding, June 1, 1988. (pbk) ISBN 978-0-933900-14-1
- 1991 Surviving the Comfort Zone (with Dorothy Baker). Oregon: Foundation of Human Understanding, Aug. 1, 1991. ISBN 978-0-933900-15-8
- 1992 Secrets of a Parallel Universe: Why Our Deepest Problems Hold the Key to Ultimate Personal Success and Happiness. Oregon: Foundation of Human Understanding, June 1992. ISBN 978-0-933900-17-2
- 1997 Finding God in Physics: Einstein’s Missing Relative (with Bob Just and Dorothy Baker). Oregon: Foundation of Human Understanding, ISBN 978-0-933900-19-6
- 2001 The Adam and Eve Sindrome. Oregon: Foundation of Human Understanding, Jan. 2001. ISBN 978-0-933900-11-0
- 2010 How Your Mind Will Make You Well (an updated version of How Your Mind Can Keep You Well). Oregon: CreateSpace, Dec 1, 2010 ISBN 1456353330
- 2011 Hypnotic States of Americans: A spiritual survival manual for every American family in a perilous world. Oregon: CreateSpace, May 11, 2011. ISBN 978-1-4609-3902-4
- 2012 Cure Stress: How Your Mind Will Make You Well. Oregon: CreateSpace, Dec 11, 2012 ISBN 1481221043
- “Introduction to Roy Masters”. Foundation of Human Understanding. Retrieved 14 April 2014.
- “Diamond Cutting art comes to Birmingham”. The Birmingham News. 7 September 1952. Retrieved 19 May 2014.
- “British Diamond Cutter Shows Skills of His Trade”. Retrieved 19 May 2014.
- William Wolf, Healers, Gurus and Spiritual Guides (pdf), © 1969, 1975, 2005, published by the Foundation of Human Understanding (Originally published by Sherbourne Press, 1969)
- “Untitled”. Action (Savannah, Georgia). Junior Chamber of Commerce. 1950’s. Retrieved 19 May 2014. Check date values in:
- Amazon.com. “Roy Masters Biography”. Retrieved 15 April 2014.
- Metlova, Maria (1 September 1963). “Between You & Me”. Valley News. Retrieved 19 May 2014.
- Kupelian, David (19 July 2014). “Military praises ‘fantastic’ new stress therapy”. WND. Retrieved 15 April 2014.
- “Call Roy Masters on “Advice Line””. Retrieved 2012-10-26.
Millions have seen or heard Roy Masters on such popular shows as Sean Hannity’s WABC Show, CNN’s “Larry King Live,” “Sally Jesse Raphael,” “Crossfire,” and “The Drudge Report.”
- Official website
- Roy Masters’ Biography
- Roy Masters’s channel on YouTube
- Roy Masters on Twitter
- Roy Masters on Facebook
Roy Masters (commentator)
“Roy Masters (born April 2, 1928) is a radio commentator and author based in southern Oregon, United States. He discusses Christianity, psychology, and philosophy. His commentary is distributed through his Foundation for Human Understanding (FHU), which includes a radio program, books, audio and video recordings, web site, church services, and meetings.
Masters advocates decision-making principles for issues involving relationships, marriage, family life, and upsetting or traumatic experiences. Other topics he discusses include medicine, politics and science. …”
The Foundation of Human Understanding
“…The Foundation of Human Understanding was founded by Roy Masters in 1963. This worldwide foundation is dedicated to assisting anyone who is interested in perfecting their spiritual natures through the principles of Judeo Christianity. …”